View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 12:59
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From ABC Kimberley

Alligator Airways faces administration:

Updated May 31, 2012 13:47:34

An East Kimberley airline has gone into administration, after nearly a month of being grounded by the aviation watchdog.

The Civil Aviation and Safety Authority (CASA) banned Alligator Airways from flying because it had serious concerns about the airline's safety record.

The company had taken on a new chief pilot and was set to resume flying when the ban was lifted this Monday.

However, Alligator's lawyer, John Maitland, says administration papers were filed voluntarily due to the company being unable to trade.
Interesting that the ban was actually lifted (not that they had a CP which CASA knew of course). Did they actually nominate a new Chief Pilot designate or just hire somebody with the intention of nominating?

It is a terrible time to be selling aeroplanes at the moment (i.e. good time to buy them). With so many operators in the local area I daresay some of the better ones will be snapped up to continue in a similar line of work. (Just don't mention the engines.)

FRQ CB

PS Without getting into whether it is right or wrong, it is truly a very powerful stick which CASA can wield in terms of the hearts and minds of the public. How robust are the external and internal checks and balances in terms of ensuring the power is not abused or misused (and no I don't mean fighting the suspension in the Court)?

Last edited by FRQ Charlie Bravo; 31st May 2012 at 13:01. Reason: formatting