PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 12:56
whiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon all,
I've been an ardent charcoal fan for many a year and only last weekend indulged myself with a 57cm one touch wonder from Weber, however my budget wouldn't stretch to the deluxe version with the charcoal catcher thingy. It's been sparked up 3 times now and the grub has been top notch but I do have an issue with the time it takes for the coals to take on the grey hue that signifies it's time to slap the meat on the grill. Once fired up, grub loaded and lid in place the thermo will quite comfortably sit at or around the 180-200C mark for an hour and a half to 2 hours whilst I cook a whole chook. After said chook is removed and I treat the offspring to a hotdog and or burger with the coals glowing as red as a para in a spelling test the bloody thing goes off the scale again temperature wise, strange indeed. I'm familiar with having to adjust vents top and bottom to control the temp but even with the bottom vent/one touch cleaning device fully open and the lid off it takes at least 45 minutes to reach a temperature that I feel is high enough for me to start cooking ... any thoughts?