PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW BA PILOT SCALE
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 11:32
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends on how important money is to you as opposed to lifestyle. I turned my back on a command at easyjet to jump ship to BA. The hit in pay as a BA F/O versus Ezy Captain over the next 5 years will be over £200,000 and I'm maybe 15 years away from even a sniff of the LHS. But I'm here for the lifestyle, and the money is fine. I've got friends at ezy and others in the desert all enjoying either commands or tax free cash. I took a long-term view that BA was going to keep me interested and employed for another 35 years. Ezy and Emirates etc are equally safe bets. I'd just had enough of 5 earlies on min rest.

I wouldn't say I'm what you call a "BA person" and sometimes you are required to play the game a bit here to get on with everyone you are flying with. However it is BA's trainset and in return for slotting into their culture you get secure employment on good T&Cs with a choice of lifestlye and SH or LH flying - with the caveat that seniority is everything and patience is required to get to the seat you want to be in on the aircraft that goes to the places you want to go to.