PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 17:26
Organfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lyman,
I answered you in that way because you sometimes make up obscure phrases that don't always communicate what you're trying to say. I was left completely boggled by, "You ignore the complicity of the line...."

I know what complicity is but I didn't know what you meant by "the line."

In fact, I pretty-much agree with your take on this, and have long-mistrusted the ties between industry and regulators. I'm 62 years old and I've seen it time and again. (Hope I don't have to argue this with Dozy a hundredth time) But the worst....please don't accuse me of being non-partisan. I am always on the side of The People, and suspicious of avaricious bottom-line corporations and their bedfellows. I've tried to keep an open mind throughout this thread, since this accident was so complex, but by this time, it is apparent that Machinebird's assessment, "They are going to have find a way for pilots to actually fly again within the route structure, and they should probably mandate hand flying minimums time requirements for pilots. AF447 is one of their chickens that came home to roost" is absolutely dead-on, pun intended.

I'm afraid that PJ2 may be right, that this will not be addressed. If it's not, I'm not going flying anymore.