PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle, gateway to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 17:20
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In its most simplest sense, more choice is always good, but it's a diminishing return and often comes at the expense of something else. Just like dumping cheap Chinese stuff negatively affects local manufacturer. Its very convenient to look at it one dimensionally in terms of "choice" purely because it benefits you. *Its very ignorant. It's very simple and I'm always surprised when people just don't get it.*

Chuck, much of the traffic you want to access flies home westbound via Asia. That is just one eg of how the market is shared and would negatively impact.*

Gentlemen, in the end all players are granted access, there is no protection. It's just that within Canada, the powers decided that for now EK will only be granted through Toronto, and to apparently to SHARE the market further, Qatar was added to the market. Actually, I think EK screwed itself in this case by trying to force their hand with the Canadians. If it happens, I bet Qatar will fly direct Vancouver, not EK.*

The Americans are more desperate right now, and tend to have a lesser inclination to monitor a market while also allowing greater access. Hence what happened to them in Banking and Real Estate as opposed to Canada. In Canada you could never buy a home unless you had the income to support it. In the States, anyone was given a loan, because they falsely assumed the market would always go up. It was foolish and lead to where they are now.*

This is reality. This is Canada. We are open to your business, but we are responsible at the same time. Sorry if it doesnt suit you.*