PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK no pilot. Then what??
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 15:52
Elias-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My profession is Marine Navigation, I am a 3rd officer in Merchant ships hauling crude oil 28,000 tonnes dispacement + 18,000 tonnes displacement of the ship. Navigating in confined channels, making impossible turns, making the dock with 30 knot wind blowing from shore. GUESS WHAT??? WE ALL THOUGHT WE WHERE GONNA BE CRUISE SHIP CAPTAINS. hahaha......or at least we thought we where gonna travel the world from port to port. The harsh reality is that you work your arse off. None of this applies.

Same is for the the Airline industry. Come one Pilots, why in the heck would you want to discourage yonge pilots to make it to the left seat of a boeing 747? Just because a pilot didnt make it to the left seat of a large airliners doesn't mean anything. Maybe someone else will make it, in a much shorter time and live the dream.

I feel how you feel about the Marine Navigation Industry, I feel burned inside and depleted, but guess what, you have to posses certain qualities, and if you don't have them, then work on them, one of these qualities is not to regret the time, sacrifice, and effort to live a dream. A dream is only alive before you live it. The best part of the adventure is the beginning not the end. This applies to every officer at Sea or Air. Personal Development is very important.

Water doesn't boil at 99 degrees. Imagine to stop the kettle at 99?

even if you never live your dream of flying a specific plane for a living, just look back and pay special attention. You will realize that you lived 80% of your dream already. Don't be ungrateful, and discourage others. Tha only creates negative thoughts in your thoughts, life, energy, trust me this negative energy sticks with you, and people see it in interviews.

Get a personality make over, then you will see how you will attract better jobs.

take care