PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 12:32
Arrrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick,

The two crashes have been well explained (so far) by numerous experts. I am no expert, but I have read the reports. "Over controlling" is the knowledgable reason. Interesting that there have been no problems since then...makes one think - and with a whole lot more machines flying around. There are quite a few flying in AUS now and I have not met anyone WITH ONE that has anything bad to say.

Of course, on Pprune there are plenty of experts on subjects that they actually have no experience of...

I am not a salesman for Robbie, I just have flown one a lot (my own 44), and I have never had a problem. My mate just got his 66 and has been raving about how good it is. I am jealous ! 130 knot cruise at 75%.

Given the fact that numerous 206, 44, 350s (etc) have had accidents since the 2 x 66, I do not think this is a concern. But each to their own.

I do know that the approval process for the 66 was extreme (not a variation to an existing approval like many models receive), and for that reason alone I expect that it will be a really good machine for the future.

Arrrj