PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th May 2012, 12:29
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you cowhorse but it’s their trainset to do what they will with, as with any selection process there will always be a degree of luck involved. In your assessment you were lucky and got a very straight forward profile.

Personally with the way that I performed throughout the sim assessment I feel that I would not have been accepted even without the engine failure, in fact if I was running the sim I would not have recruited myself based on my performance. As I had done my MCC in a TP sim and had never experienced a swept wing high performance jet sim I struggled. I knew all about the theory as to how swept wings handle and perform and the pitch/ thrust couple but I had never experienced it so I struggled with speed and altitude discipline. Also I was pretty nervous and put myself under a lot of pressure to perform, add those things up and you get the village idiot flying.

That’ll teach me to be tighter than a crabs arse at 40 fathoms and not spend a bit more money on a jet MCC and/ or JOC.

Good luck to those awaiting assessment or waiting for the results after going through assessment.