PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London pride parade at public expense
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 12:02
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
The cost of built-in SatNavs in modern cars is just plain daft. Upgrading them to include current mapping can cost £ lots!

Whereas a standalone SatNav can be bought with lifetime map upgrades for the same price - and you can also use it in any hire car, second car or whatever.

I have such a system, the only PITA (tenuous thread link...) is that it has a 2Gb memory and full upgrades require more space - so every 3 months I have to spend a few hours defining the update mapping manually....

The Austin Allegro was the car which marked the nadir of BMC design - it introduced the world to BMC's square wheel...or rather, 'quartic', as their optimistic advertisers described it.

Anyway, back to the thread. I can't imagine that prancing up Piccadilly in July in full uniform will be a whole barrel of fun for them - but it would be priceless to witness the atmosphere in the RAF Club if some of the participants were to drop in afterwards and explain the reason for their being in uniform to some aged old Airship.....

Last edited by BEagle; 30th May 2012 at 12:25.