PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BA still a responsible Company?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 11:43
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trossie,

Get your facts straight. BMI baby and BMI Regional were to be sold by LUFTHANSA before any interested party bought BMI Mainline. The original purchase agreement was that IAG would buy BMI Mainline for circa £125 Million. If IAG were forced to take BMI Baby & Regional then the purchase price for BMI Mainline would be dropped considereably to cover the costs of disposing of those assets that LH failed to sell.

LH agreed to take liability for the pensions deficits and then, as a massive, profitable company (at the time) dumped the entire liability onto the Pensions regulator. Both LH AND the pensions regulator must take responsibility for that.

Baby/Regional were never wanted by IAG they don't fit the business model, they fly the wrong aircraft and operate out of the wrong airports for the IAG model. What don't you understand about that. It's a shame, my mate is losing his job and I, as a fellow pilot, feel for him but how do you think we, as a bunch of employees, are going to convince the board of IAG to protect two companies that don't fit, don't fly the mainline types and were never wanted?

Personally I feel very sorry for the guys in both companies however I also felt sorry for Zoom, XL etc. etc. etc.

I can do no more for them either.

I hope that the arrival of the bmi pilots gives BA management every excuse to drive a giant wedge right through those gold-plated Ts&Cs of yours!!!
Sums up your attitude adequately I suppose. Screw everyone else as long as I get what I feel to be justice. Sorry, not going to happen.

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 30th May 2012 at 11:44.