PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 30th May 2012, 09:46
cadetkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will need to apply for an ARN (aviation reference number) through casa first, and then you need to book a visit with a DAME and a DAO (doctor and eye doctor that are approved by casa, they list all the docs details on the casa website). I had my eye doctor (DAO) visit today, $305 dollars later and they confirmed that I can indeed see things, and I have my DAME visit tomorrow. Hopefully thats all I have to do, but if not Im sure he can advise what further things I have to complete. After that, harass casa!

Ill update here tomorrow night about the DAME part of it, but with the eye doctor part, either plan to catch a bus or have someone drive you, because you CAN NOT drive afterwards. They will test all your vision and stuff, and then they will put some eye drops in your eye that dilate your pupils and then they will stick you on a machine that lets them look into the back part of your eyes. The eye drops will give you blurry vision for at least 2 or 3 hours maybe even more, and when I say blurry I mean it. I couldnt read anything at all this afternoon, not a single thing.