PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Cessna Special Inspections Documents (SIDs)
Old 30th May 2012, 06:12
gyrotyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SID's Cessna RIP

Having read through the SID for a Cessna 177RG I was scared sh....less!

I realize that the work involved is only intended to address problems that one can only expect to find on an aging aircraft and that a normal annual inspection should deal with a large majority of them anyway, but when you see the list in its entirety it is most scary. Scary mainly from a "Bloody hell how much is this going to cost" point of view.

The corrosion map of the UK denote that it is either severe or moderately rated so encurring a higher level of inspection.

I am Sooo glad I am out of the certificated regime and in the warm busom of the LAA. (Never thought I would say that!) The thought of being the owner of a 150/2 or an older 172 would fill me with dread as the cost of an annual inspection could easily cost more than the value of the aircraft.

Piper and other manufacturers will probably read the Cessna SID's and come up with their own lists as well so for me being a single owner operator of limited income it is a case of certificated aircraft RIP. I have enjoyed the experience over the years but now it is LAA all the way.