PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information Needed on PPL to comercial pilot road.
Old 22nd Dec 2002, 08:47
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skylark,

What you have posted is complete and utter cr@p! (most of it anyway; the RAF and eyesight thing I don't know about)

1) imagine said he'd always been interested in flying, not bloody addicted. Many of us started that way, and didn't get hooked till we got our hands on the controls. Everyone's different. No law that you can't try for a career in aviation unless you were born looking at the sky.
2) He found PPRuNe didn't he? If everyone did searches before asking questions, over half the questions on here wouldn't be asked, and many people would be a lot worse off for it. I know; I've been on this forum since it started - rather regularly, as you might have noticed.
3) What the hell makes you such an expert on motivation, from someone's FIRST POST! As a psychology graduate who's worked as an occupational psychologist helping people with career changes, I can't tell that easily. Please enlighten me.
4) If you don't like questions being asked on PPRuNe, no-one's forcing you to read them or answer them.

And in case you think my response to you is a bit harsh, I get a bit short with people who jump to conclusions about someone else's motives and attitudes on very little evidence, and vent their frustrations on new posters to this forum who are asking genuine and relevant questions.