PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th May 2012, 20:40
postern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another timeline.....

In the interests of CRM for those in the system, I found it helpful to see how long it took others to get through this painful process/waiting game

I applied in Nov 2011, it helps if you can get to a roadshow and get your name in the system and if you know someone at QR that can maybe put a word in when you have applied. (Fact of life)

Interview was 3rd week in JAN

They said it'll be 3 weeks for good news..........it was 6 weeks.

You get the email saying well done it will now be 6 weeks for a formal contract.........it was 8 weeks

(During this time I received the well done email on a 2 week basis, no idea why!)

You then get the contract , sign it,scan it, return it.

They reply the next day and say thank you and they say in 2-3 weeks time we will give you a join date........It took 6 weeks.

From application in NOV to joining will be 9 months, had I known this at the begining I would have done something else, however......it might take a lot less time, you just don't know and that is the most frustrating part of this nightmare.

For the guys I went with on the day, one had his join date 7 weeks before me, another is joining QR next week. I know others who went after me and have got through this in half the time. I also know others who still don't have a join date and went before me.

Some are type rated most are not, they are a mixture of FO's and DEC's.

We have tried to apply logic to why some people are lucky and have come up with nothing.

IT IS JUST LUCK.

Regarding the phone number for the joining coordinator........it just rang..

For those that are still waiting I never thought I would see this day....but it comes eventually.

I sincerely hope the job is worth it!!!!!

That's my experience, hope that helps, as regard to a lot of you who are SO's and fast track FO's......I have no idea what is happening for you guys.

Keep the Faith......I lost mine months ago!