PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 20:02
RotarySpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ika - you are correct to be weary of parts problems. I have seen lead times of over 2 years for certain bits. Not sure how larger companies get on, but certainly in my experience, the smaller companies get overlooked. Finding someone who can speak fluent french would work wonders though!

Savoia - The Enstrom can be very very nice once perfectly tracked and balanced. I'd contemplate flying one for a year then getting rid shortly before the first annual, as it would appear only Enstrom employees can make those blades behave (although I've heard that might have more to do with the fact that they have racks upon racks of new blades to pick from at build). What a shame - technical support and part lead times are among the very best.

M9100 - I dont own/fly either types, but with the greatest respect, I'd still pick a 206 over a 480 even if the UK statistics were reversed in the Enstroms favour. My opinions are based on my experience of parts availability, costs, and most importantly the products themselves.

Last edited by RotarySpanner; 29th May 2012 at 20:09.