PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AviationCV (ASG part) Lithuania
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 18:19
Precision22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation CV

Hello Guys, I am relatively new to pprune and have found many of the threads and comments in previous forums very useful however this is the first one I have had personal experience of.

It is fair to say that aviationcv do come across as a very professional company and to a point I think they are. Their responses to emails and queries are very quick and they even send out Christmas cards... small things amuse small minds I guess. The contract was also sent within a few days of showing an interest, the cynic in me finding that a little odd.

Cutting a long story short I was ready to sign on the dotted line but for whatever reason stopped and asked for some legal advise, just to double check the contract. I was somewhat unnerved of the response I received. There were 3 pages of queries and questions with a couple of points where my legal adviser (he works directly with aviation contracts and other exciting things...) said I should not proceed.

One point specifically highlights that you are expected to fly when told irrespective of whether the flight is illegal or dangerous. Sound like I am being a little bit 'wet' however is it not fair to comment that this sounds like 'commercial pressure' before even on the flight deck. There were many more alarming points.

I could drone on for a while. I am a cadet and I am looking for the foot in the door like many on here. Those that are in the scheme I wish them the best of luck and for the rest of us, we just must keep plugging on!

Thoughts comments appreciated.