PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planning ahead - Becoming a commercial pilot
Old 29th May 2012, 14:18
Captain_Bling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its very encouraging to see you begining research early, I dearly wish I had done the same. Becoming a pilot is fraught with difficulties that you never anticipate and not just money issues. Some people suffer more problems some have a less troublesome time but for all its a hard slog of AT LEAST six month ground school and a years flying. Academically its not that hard, not degree level or even A level stuff but its psycologically punishing and there are far more people out there who just want to snatch your money (cough, Oxford!) than actually help you qualify. That drive and desire has to come from you all the way!

Getting employed depends massively on the job market at the time you get your licence. Its a bit of a lottery you cant do much about but there is one thing you can influence and that is being in control of your own life. That right there is the best tip I could give anyone, be in charge of things instead of someone who just drifts along in life. It sounds, to be fair, like you got the right idea already.