PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planning ahead - Becoming a commercial pilot
Old 29th May 2012, 14:03
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your head seems pretty screwed on.

Subjects look good, would definitely do German instead of French as the above poster said. There are so many opportunities in Germany. I'm even thinking about learning German myself one day.

Just echoing what's above, team sports. Do them. Studies are important but don't just focus on getting A* in everything. A good personality is more important than good grades so make sure you do sports and have a good social life.

Volunteer doing anything in aviation. Before I started I walked into the airport and went to every single customer service desk and asked for work experience. This was off my back and nothing to do with school. Many couldn't help but I got something in the end.

Keep your driving license clean when you get it.

Look into both integrated and modular, for someone starting young and considering that you'll already have a PPL by 17 if it goes to plan, I believe modular would be better for you. I wouldn't spark this debate here though. It's just I think modular will suit you better based on what I know about you so far. But look into it and make a decision that works for you.

Last edited by pudoc; 29th May 2012 at 14:29.