PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS apathy
Thread: NAS apathy
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2002, 02:12
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief galah

I only unstuck the NAS thread as there were other priorities going at the time and it was also getting too long and off thread.

I'm going to sticky this one and hope that we can keep the light shining on the subject.

The "promoters" of this scheme were quick to access the PPRuNe user base when they were trying to sell their "ideas", but have been very conspicuous by their absence when those "ideas" have been tested by those directly affected and those who actually know or have some real world experience to offer. But then they were never really good listeners.

I like you, fear a replay of the dabblers first attempt at "aviation reform" which was long on rhetoric but very short on useful fixes beyond firing everyone in sight and/or who disagreed with the direction. As usual the baby got thrown out with the bathwater.

We are still dealing with the wreckage.

I still feel embarrassment for the way Mr Leroy Keith was handled, notwithstanding that he was well skilled and experienced in and came from the very system that is now being touted as "the way".
His then very pivotal appointment was the result of an extremely thorough and presumably intense search and assessment and approved by the Chairman, Board and the Minister with much acclaim.
There maybe only 3 possible scenarios as to the final result.
1. The Recruitment Firm, The Chairman, The Board, The Minister ALL go the appointment totally wrong.
Don’t think so.
2. The real riding instructions he was ultimately given by the Chairman and Board on his appointment, were fundamentally flawed and totally incapable of professional implementation without serious risk to the safety case and delivering the huge cost savings loudly proclaimed by them to anyone who would listen.
Sound familiar.
3. When it came to the inevitable shoot out between the real professionals and the amateurs, as usual, it came down to who had the biggest gun and the most money and influence.
The really sad part is the thuggery against a profesional Public Servant who has no means of public redress and with only one means of protecting his/her professional reputation, being that of resigning.

It all sounds very familiar don’t you think.

And here we go again, or am I drawing a long bow here.

Last edited by Woomera; 22nd Dec 2002 at 02:57.