PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 07:57
ika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As350 B3

Agree as350 wins hands down on almost every count, several about for £400k up. Flew in one and was planning to get one, almost bought one. My concern is stories of getting whopping unpredictable (other than that they will be large) bills and poor service as a small operator (I am told that if you have a fleet they are responsive, if not, go to the back of the queue) due to need to send off to eurocopter. From what I hear, I would guess I'd need to budget £50k a year with a contingency of double that, and whatever I saved in the first year or two thinking smugly I'd had a bargain would probably vanish in the third while it sat on the ground for a summer. But if you think I could sensibly operate one for less than I think or with less concern, do say.
Am leaning heavily towards 206B3, its vices seem more benign - I can look at it as each 2 hr trip I take gives me 20 minutes extra flying experience thrown in almost free! The capital saving will probably pay the maintenance for the next 5 years.
Plus, on a very minor note, if I get a 206 I will save about £20k on the cost of the hangar door!