PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 04:45
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

All things 'considered' you're choice firstly depends on your budget! If it's reasonably 'unlimited' then it's either a 206 III, the EC120 or a single squirrel. You're going to get big bills with any helicopter so keep that in mind.

Whilst I love the 480 and used to own a share in one, it's not and never will be, a 5 place machine. The Hughes 500 isn't either and its not a 'passenger' aircraft in the way I think you need it to be. No luggage space either. I think the R66 is a great machine but at the moment you can't get one on the UK register and if I was going to be spending upwards of £600k on a helicopter it wouldn't be a Robbo.

My pal Toptobottom has recently purchased the EC120 and that machine is undoubtedly awesome, but if you're new to heli's, and turbines in particular , you've got a machine with zero tolerance for error with the 120. It's also got some weight and balance considerations too.

If I had to recommend one of those machines, taking into account your specific requirements, it would have to be a 206 Jet Ranger.

Joel