PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop to Jet
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 22:10
737p1lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone once said to me: "You know you've made it in aviation when your aircraft's nose wheel is behind the cockpit; you don't have to bend down to walk under the fuselage; and it has more toilets than engines."
Cool, by that definition I've made it in aviation.....although I would question whether it includes those who have to pay their employer....sorry, Contract Service Supplier.... for using said toilets?

Sadly, I fear this is a universal problem. The guys in LoCos are pretty much trapped too....forget Horace Greeley, its "go EAST young man" as that is the only significant career development there is if you're not going to stay in your current company.

Yes, the industry is cyclical and yes things will change, but the current situation in Europe is not going to be a quick fix. It will be years if not decades before we see true and sustained growth in the European economy and the only other driver is legislation in line with what is being considered in the US re minimum hrs. However, given how close the big players in the industry are with the regulators, I will not be holding my breath for that!

Last edited by 737p1lot; 28th May 2012 at 23:14.