PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK no pilot. Then what??
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 21:16
The_Bruce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a very new PPL student and reading all these posts its difficult not to be downhearted, however, if flying is in your heart you have to do it. I'm a social worker and every day I work with people who tell they wish they had done this...or done that. I've spent too long doing the same and turning 31 this year I'm going for it, sod everyone that tells you its stupid...you only live once. Those that seem a little doom and gloom probably have seen the profession deteriorate but hey we may be young, inexperienced but we have a passion and that counts for a lot.

If you really want to you will get there, I believe that, I earn a reasonable salary but would quite happily half it to even fly cessnas because thats my dream. And I think you need to think outside the box, a lot of people seem determined to walk into a job with Virgin or BA straight away, great if you've £80k down the sofa to go down the Oxford route but most of us dont.

As useful as these threads are there are people out there that just want to tramp all over your dreams and tell you how awful it is...maybe I'm naive but I realised that the first thing I do at work is put on flight radar, I knew I had a problem. You could get run over by a car tomorrow....follow the dream. Right back to aviation law and meteorology