PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 20:15
ika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update and thanks

First, thx to all who have commented, all very helpful and time appreciated.

Where I am today is still thinking an EC120 expensive, £500k buys one close to 12 years old.
No one says a Bell is a bad, unsafe or unreliable buy, or that I'll get badly burnt on cost, many say it's boring and it is a bit but it does look more like a "proper" Heli than an R66 or a 480 and I thought exactly as someone said I need to be prepared for £40k not to put me off breakfast, and as long as it doesn't happen too often, fair enough - 150 paying hours will absorb that.

I think if I get a decent Bell I'll be able to sell and use it and get some paying usage without so much hassle. Speed difference over R66 or 480 is probably 15 mins most on a 2 hr flight.

Looking at a post 35xx post 1980 cheap £200k bell with basic utility spec, high 16k tt but good component times except mini turbine (est £40k) due in 300 hrs and maintenance history reputed to be first rate, a slightly newer lower time one for about £250k and also toying with idea of $650k for a late 70s L1 with 5000 hrs, extra speed and space tempting, being able to carry 6 would be a big plus and it may in future put me off the idea of getting a 109, which can only be good for my finances!

Will still try out an R66 and EN480 as I think I should fly before I decide not to buy.