PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bfs expansion
Thread: bfs expansion
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2002, 21:30
t3953

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aer Lingus loads of 4/5ths ex BFS to the States????

I really dont think so! I worked for EI in several sections including res and max they would carry on a very good day would be 50 and it was almost always low fare leisure tickets which brought very little revenue to the airline and bere in mind that after landing in SNN these pax split into smaller numbers onto BOS,ORD,LAX and BWI. It was very popular with the BFS locals who used the service a lot (i mean once or twice a year to visit the relatives and such) but not enough to keep it going especially considering they had to use one whole cabin crew just to operate snn-bfs-snn for the day and the flight deck crew who had to be driven to BFS the night before, overnight and then fly the plane all the way to the states and back again with yet another lovely 2 1/2 hour drive afterwards back to DUblin airport.
Having said all that, it would be a great service to reintroduce maybe for the summer but I doubt the airline could support it in a similiar manner all year under its new business plan!