PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 16:59
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Fare thee well, old friend.....

Well, after a long and distinguished career, I'm afraid that after 24 years my trusty blackfellow has finally had to be pensioned off.....

Despite a change of wheels, leg tip and the spinny propeller cack-extractor jobber, rust finally became terminal:

Not only was the old chap becoming increasingly wobbly on his pins, but air was getting in with the vents closed and my sharkhole was being consumed at an excessive rate. So tomorrow he'll be off to the Holiday Home for Old Webers at the local recycling place for a well-earned retirement.

But on the bright side, he has now handed over the responsibility for barbi' duties to a brash newcomer - a 47cm Weber One-Touch premium:

The ash-catcher is excellent and I'll even forgive it for the nylon handles rather than the old wood ones. As for the luxury of a temperature gauge, whatever next!

Which part of the world are you in now, Roly?

Good to see the Voyager flying into Brize again today whilst I was assembling the sacred black orb - it's certainly been racking up some hours of late. But not with pods fitted........

Last edited by BEagle; 28th May 2012 at 19:56.