PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 28th May 2012, 14:47
mtom88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I am 24 years old male from Bulgaria. There will be an open day on the 3rd June in Bulgaria and I am planning to attend, however I have some questions for those who have already through the process.
First of all what is the open day about? Do they just familiarize you with the company or is there a selection process too? Then the preliminary selection is on the following day, so what can I expect there? Is it like an interview or do you have to do group tasks or..? And finally, if somehow I make it to the final interview it will be on the 5th, but I guess this will be an interview like any other serious job, right?
Moreover, I read that one has to pass some medical exams, is this after the final interview or do you have to do it before, because I don't see a point of being chosen just to get rejected if you fail a medical...and is the fact that I am wearing glasses (mainly at home though) a problem? I suspect it is, but still I want to hear it from someone else.
And finally, I read in some other forums that this is not a job for someone new in the field, and I have to be honest with all of you, I am not one of those who have 'always dreamed of being a cabin crew'. I am just interested in the opportunity to work for such a highly-recognized company and of course I will do the utmost to meet their demands and I will be loyal and everything, but still why would someone say it's not for newbies?

All in all I would be really grateful if I get some responses just so I know what should I expect I would be most grateful.
Thank you in advance