PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 28th May 2012, 14:27
BPJ36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice/help.

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to this so please excuse me if I make any obvious mistakes.
I'm aware that you may have had quite a few people in my situation contacting you on this matter so I'll try and keep it to the point as much as I can.
I wish to become a pilot in the RAF (there's always one! ) I'm currently on the verge of finishing my A-levels in Geography, Film Studies and Systems and Control (design technology) predicted grades are BBB, hopefully looking at ABB. I have a B in maths at GCSE and in English, A's in Electronics and Additional Science at GCSE and a B in Science at GCSE level. I'm not planning on going to university as I didn't take Physics or Maths at A-level, and imp really not sure how I would get on at university. I have looked into UAS's but again, i'm just not sure about university. I have a part time job to provide at least some work experience, I've been in the air cadets, done GIC's and my bronze D of E then swapped to my local Army CCF, due to family problems. I stayed there for 5 years. I've been on visits to Brize Norton and Shawbury organised off my own back, and also I'm currently having a few basic flying lessons to boost my hours.
I'm hell-bent on getting in as a pilot or WSOp. I'm aware that the recruitment freeze in still in process but for how much longer. all I want is a date! I've tried to organise visits to Coningsby and Valley, but both said that I would need an interview date at OASC after my initial interview at the AFCO.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Last edited by BPJ36; 29th May 2012 at 15:28.