PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 13:19
bad3ip420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the comments in this thread is quite disturbing. I graduated BSLegal Management in a reputable school last year and have been working in the marketing dept of a large telecomm company since then. Flying was my childhood dream so I decided to pursue it.

I went to Clark Alpha Aviation Group last week and they presented me a couple of documents. They said if I want to be an airline pilot, it is recommended that I take their Airline Pilot Training (APT) course. It costs roughly 3.4m+ Php100,000 of training materials.

The course outline is as follows:

Ground school: 14 weeks
Flight traning
Core Flying: 200 hours
Flight and Nav procedures trainer: 30 hours
A320 Multi-Crew Coop
Crew Resource Mngmt: 3 days
Fixed Base Simulator MCC sessions: 32 hours
A320 Ground School
Computer based training: 14 days
A320 Integrated Procedures trainer: 40 hours
Weight/Balance/Human Performance training: 2 days
Flight planning training
A320 Jet Orientation Training: 16 hours
A320 Advance training: 28 hours
A320 Line oriented flight training: 4 hours
A320 skill test: 2 hours
A320 zero flight time training: 2 hours

The total is basic flight training: 230 hours; Advanced Flight training (a320 simulator): 124 hours

After a couple of questions here and there, AAG said that once I finish the course, I will be provide with a Commercial Pilot License with Instrument rating and A320 Type Rating.

I'm going to take an aptitude exam next week so I was really hopeful until I saw the posts here. Now, I'm starting to think of going to OMNI for my flight schooling.

Note: I was just wondering what's the difference between AAG's APT package and the MPL course?