PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group - New Airline Structure
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 12:49
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teresa green,

It may not be acceptable to have a foreign airline set up on Australian soil, but the sad fact is, Australians make a stink, and if it gets too hard, they just accept it. Some examples are C02 tax, foreign "investment" of our farms and land, foreign ownership of our mines and bringing in 1700 foreign workers to fill a "skill shortage" in the mining industry. The government is so deep in stinky stuff, they couldn't smell any new additions.

Hell, I can think of 500 soon to be out of work aircraft engineers from Tulla Heavy that could fill in 500 of those positions. I know it's not practical for all those to take up positions, but I think there would be 1700 out of work people within Australia from all trades that could fill in those positions.

I'm all for keeping the Roo ALL AUSTRALIAN with NO foreign investment in it. I would say to let the government take it back over, but unfortunately, I wouldn't let this mob run the local school tuckshop. For a tuckshop turnover of $400, they'd run up a debt of $4,000,000 and have all sorts of committees and consultants telling them how to run it.

There is no silver bullet for the QANTAS problem. I could suggest what would fix the board, but that would be considered inappropriate for this forum.