PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group - New Airline Structure
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 06:52
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Lowdown

but with the A380's trying to be competitive against 777's, old, tired aircraft, ongoing labour issues, and a management that has been trying to find new routes/business opportunities over the last XX years only to get run out of town with their tails between their legs on many endeavours,
Not to be too blunt Lowdown, but you're wrong on all accounts. Bean counters made the decisions to buy the A380 over the more efficient 777's. Normally two engines would be more efficient than four. The A380 in its configuration does not carry double the 777, 330 or even the 767. no rocket science required for this one.

The only routes management have managed to get recently are Dallas and Santiago. They have shed routes far quicker than look for new routes for QANTAS International. They have less than half the routes now than they did 15-20 years ago.

it just seems to me that there is very little there that would interest a would-be purchaser at a price that would be acceptable to the Qantas board and shareholders. International would be lucky to get one interested and motivated buyer.
I think the shares at sub $1.50 would be of great interest to a purchaser and that of management. Shareholders don't have much say. The board runs the show, as they believe it's "their" company. If the shareholders carried any weight over management decisions, the airline would not have been shut down for two days, they would have been consulted about the break-up of the company, and I feel they would have wanted the low down (no pun intended) of how the shareholders would benefit.

Last edited by QF94; 28th May 2012 at 11:16.