PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice pls R66 or 480B or 206Biii
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 06:35
206 jock

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If 5 seats is a must, I don't think the 480B is the answer. The 5-up arrangement is odd. Really, it's a 3 seater that they managed to squeeze 2 more into. And don't forget, kids grow up.

For your budget, if you have rejected the EC120, you should reject the R66. The Robbo is still too new in the marketplace to be at sensible money whereas the EC product can be bought for not terrifying cash.

As for 206's, they do what they say on the tin. However as someone who has bought both, I would say a) do NOT buy an Agusta (I had one): the issue is not the quality, but availability of parts which will get worse as time goes on and b) buy the best one you can afford, then wait for incoming. I was once told that you have to have pockets deep enough so that when an unexpected bill arrives in the post for £35k for some part or other, it doesn't put you off your breakfast!

£300k will get you a 1980's machine with good component times - get a machine post 35xx serial no and it's all the latest design points (91gallon tank, later door locks etc). Mine is 1982 built, has done nearly 14k TT, looks and flies well with good times. If you ask people, they say it's a couple of years old!