PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 00:10
Old Carthusian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be a bit risky to attribute the PF's failure to respond to the PNF as a matter of deliberate will. It may indeed have been that way but we do not have the information to back up this supposition. Just as likely was that the PF went into a state of shock and couldn't process any of the information directed at him by the PNF. We just don't have the information to form a conclusion one way or the other.
Rather it is worth focusing on the lack of professionalism in the cockpit. None of the crew can be said to have responded as one might have expected well trained pilots to respond. Clandestino's reference to the article 'Who killed MacMillan' is I think rather relevant as it illustrates an organisational structure which allows this unprofessional type of approach to develop. Airlines which seem to have developed this condition would seem to include Air France and indeed their own safety audit referred to similar issues. I am not convinced that this crew was professional and therein lies the key to this accident. But I would hesitate to ascribe a level of deliberate behaviour to the circumstances of the accident.