PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot V Technician
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 20:33
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thing
One of the things that really used to annoy me during a tech debrief were pilots who would snag some complex piece of kit and then proceed to tell you what they thought was wrong with it. So, the HNC in Electronic Engineering and the 3 month manufacturers course on that particular bit of kit are as nothing
Actually on the NBS we were trained to assess what component had failed and to visit the avionics bay when 'our' u/s box was being tested. This was in earlier days when we debriefed and the crew chief wrote up the 720.

One day I arrived at the bay as the tech was about to write NFF. I convinced him that the fault was there as it had occurred on 3 sorties out of 5. Then I realised he was looking at the wrong side of the box. The CC had mixed up N/S and E/W when he did the write up. A quick look at the correct side of the box and a fresh description of how the intermittent fault had occurred and the problem was instantly visible.