PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group - New Airline Structure
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 18:26
Captain Gidday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still don't get it. The value is in domestic, not international. Buyers would be clamboring for domestic and the route structures. International doesn't seem to have any value to me.
Lodown, you do get it, you just don't know you've got it. Domestic airlines can be 100% foreign owned in Australia, an unusual 'accident of history' but well established by precedent. Tiger is 100% foreign owned, for example. It is indeed the domestic business that is 'in play'. Just look at where all the key assets, such as engineering, are ending up. As for International? Probably a goner.
Why are the institutional investors not barking mad. They know what the plan is and they will reap gazillions from it.
If that statement turns out to be true, and I have no idea whether it is or not, then those telling the plan, without also telling the Mum and Dad investors, are guilty of serious insider trading. Go to gaol, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
That question, about who knows what and how they came to know it, is the point of inflexion, the turning point. All the Fair Work action and calls to arms and manning the barricades is just Kabuki theatre.

Last edited by Captain Gidday; 27th May 2012 at 18:31.