PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle, gateway to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2012, 07:51
Rather Be Skiing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skiing, any measure short of total free trade does not equal market protection.
True, but the flip side is also true: it doesn't have to be a totally closed market for protection measures to be in effect.

Think of it this way: your gonna have a race. You drive a Prius, and te other guy has a mustang. Your not really in a position to compete are you?
Also true, but if I show up to a race in a Prius it is not the fault of the Mustang driver I am at a disadvantage.

A phased in approach is a very good strategy as long as the time provided is used to upgrade the Prius. If not, the spectators don't get to enjoy a good race. Nor do the drivers.

Maybe Rob Howard's briefing did not address the issue completely. Total disregard, however, of the benefits of increased air transportation (not just EK/EY) to other sectors of the Canadian economy also misses the point.

If Canada's leaders are, in fact, smart they would be assisting AC and the rest of the Canadian industry to be more globally competitive. They would treat this industry as an economic asset instead of a cash cow to be milked to death. I think most recognize this to be true as well and that we shouldn't have to be where we are now.

Thanks for the well wishes. It is always good to not have to be looking for a job!