PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways to sack 72 expats to take locals on board ..
Old 27th May 2012, 07:43
vagabond 47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do....what to do?

I find it mesmeric at times reading the "Mumbai Times" (expat version) on the Prune as few contract pilots actually realise that they are contracted and that the piece of paper that has their signature is a stick for the Airline/Contracting company and a noose for yourself.......no Union no security. ...and I have worked for Ryanair.
Very recently I waited 3mths and 3 days for my security clearance for Jet, it arrived with the "sorry don't want expats", not the contractor version, but I ha ve done 4 years in India and expected anything so am not crying......could use the money as wife having chemotherapy with no medical.
A friend recently was given his 30 days notice at Spice after being there only a few months."..........
My message is take it or leave it......don't expect the "rishworths" to cry for you.......they still owe me USD1200.
We are Mops that absorb the unplanned spillages and are wrung out to dry at their behest.
We have all had the good times, enjoyed the " OMG" so you are an International Pilot" times but Aviation is cylical. My personal defense was to always have another "job" on standby.
Smell the wind shift and move on........China awaits, practice your hurling.

Last edited by vagabond 47; 27th May 2012 at 07:56. Reason: Additions