PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low altitude mixture cuts in twin training still occuring despite CASA warnings
Old 27th May 2012, 06:05
Josh Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SARCs,

I am a "gun" nothing, least of all a "gun" META instructor, any knowledge or skills I have, were taught to me by mentors and instructors.

It was not my intent to cherry pick Captain Sleds post or disagree with what he/she has said, just trying to provoke intelligent discussion on the point raised.

I also believe we do kill more people in EFATO training than from actual engine failures whilst flying the line.

So that might lead one to question why we do EFATO training at all.

Imagine for a moment the state of our industry if there were pilots out there without any initial or recurrent EFATO training and with passengers onboard.

Would it be fair to say, we would kill a lot more people with no initial and recurrent training on EFATOs.

SARCs, you've worked under a CAR217 organisation many times, how many dozens of time have you been beaten with V1 cuts and EFATOs on take off ?.

My opinion as posted in any of my posts above is in no way an alternate or contrary opinion to that of Captain Sleds statements, infact he/she questioned the accuracy of one of my statements, and rightly so.

Noting that my pseudonym is not a pseudonym and all reference to leadie has been that of the utmost respect.

Last edited by Josh Cox; 27th May 2012 at 06:16.