PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Cessna Special Inspections Documents (SIDs)
Old 27th May 2012, 05:59
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
140KTS

We have a Cessna maintenance manual paper updat subscription and the SID,s data arrived in the post Last Friday so I would expect most CAMO,s in the UK to be taking a long hard look at all of this in the coming week.

JXK

I think that you make a good point, I too think that we have not yet seen an accident with a small Cessna due to corrosion and other old airframe issues however if left uncorrected I don't think that such an accident is far away.
This was made clear to me a year or so back when a proud new owner of a C172 turned up for an annual check, it was quite clear from the start that this aircraft had seen very little maintenance in a long time and had issues with a lot of the items that the SID,s checks address, I have no doubt that had the aircraft continued to be maintained by the previous maintenance company there was a very strong chance of a fatal accident, of course the owner was of the opinion that we were overdoing things when the maintenance bill was more than he had paid for the aircraft.

This check will hit the C150 fleet very hard, the value of the a lot of the aircraft will be far below the cost of the check, let alone rectifying the defects that the check finds.