PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seattle, gateway to Whistler
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 21:37
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alliances are only a way competitors get together to be more competitive against other who are doing the same gmc. Partnerships are a good way to do more business, not less. Just like EY is doing with Seychelles, Air Berlin, and Virgin.

Skiing, any measure short of total free trade does not equal market protection. For most countries... (I say most because it's in some companies overall strategy not to partner) ... The balance lies somewhere in between. You have to be smart and not only open competition to the right people, but also in a balanced progressive way. Ie: not all at once. Think of it this way: your gonna have a race. You drive a Prius, and te other guy has a mustang. Your not really in a position to compete are you? Rob Howard's presentation fully and completely misses this point and is just stupid because of it. It actually does a disservice to the country. In the end, Canada's leaders and thankfully most people are smart enough to know it and that's why we are where we are.

Ps, I'm glad your happy over there. there's no denying its a decent job. No job is perfect and there are different specific issues everywhere. EK would be one of my first choices if I was looking.

Last edited by 555orange; 26th May 2012 at 22:08.