PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new use for RAF reaper post stan?
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 20:21
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
WW

Avenger has a ~$15M per copy pricetag, compared to, supposedly, ~$30M for Reaper
That would be arse about face to me - an MQ-9 costs about $15M each depending on the spec of the sensors and weapons and I would expect Pred-C to be twice the price. But don't forget that a system is more than just the air vehicle; there's ground control stations, comms infrastructure and maintenance support. That said, compared to manned CAS/ISTAR, it's still cheap as chips as the more you fly the cheaper it becomes per flying hour.

On the endurance side it is very dependant on weapons load-out on MQ-9. That is no surpise though, I remember the drag index on the Hawk carrying 2x AIM9 and a gun pod and the Hawk T1A would be running out of gas inside 45mins compared to a clean jet doing 75mins.

DK

Don't know, but as it is logged in a normal RAF log book (as actual) then I can't see how they differentiate? That said, it wouldn't do much good for multi time for an ATPL! Maybe there is up side to BAES' Mantis after all!!

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 26th May 2012 at 20:26.