PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Line Training - what complex/tricky aircraft related questions to ask?!
Old 26th May 2012, 19:59
I-2021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Melissa,

The training captain, as the name suggests, is paid to be there and train you. The questions that you are asked should be a way for the both of you to focus on what needs to be covered in more depth and to confirm what you already know. If you are at the beginning of your flying career it is very important that your training captain finds a way to guide you in understanding your priorities. For instance knowing the smallest details of airplane systems and not being able to conduct an approach is useless and your training captain should focus on that, that is giving priorities. Your aim is to learn how to safely operate the airplane during line operations with a good system knowledge for your level of experience. If your trainer does not focus on getting you ready for the line but rather focuses on how many km of wires there are in the airplane, then I may think that he is not doing what he is supposed to do. Having said that, keep up working hard and enjoy your training !