PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot V Technician
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2012, 17:41
NutLoose

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Quote:
they have took

How can people master airframe & propulsion engineering but not basic written English?
Totally due to my IPads annoying habit of autocorrecting when I type, but then again, one thinks one should at least learn to practice what one preaches.

The techys, like everyone else
That will of course be Techies..

The old excuses of [high workrate] = [allow them to dress scruffy] no longer hold any water. With a shortage of airframes and sorties come a reduction in the pressing need for turnarounds which led to the Prima Donna techy breed who were even (almost) immune from the SWO as long as they could get the aircraft serviceable for a full wave in the morning.
And you don't think that the RAF's manning has not reduced accordingly, or are you working under the illusion they are still operating 1980's manning with 2012 operational requirements?

The basic job of determining what's broken and how to fix it may have become a little de-skilled by the increasing use of diagnostic equipment and swap-out parts, I wouldn't know as I don't do it I just see it being done.
That's blatently obvious.

That post does read as if one has a chip on ones shoulders over not attaining the qualifications to be a " Techy"

VIprods, sadly yes, the JT I believe has now been replaced by the SAC Tech who has the SAC's three blade prop surrounded with a circle to differentiate them from a standard SAC.

Last edited by NutLoose; 26th May 2012 at 18:06.