PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Citaion Bravo experience, known issues...etc
Old 26th May 2012, 13:07
JPAV8S4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ironically enough, I have flown both of these types in the last few years and I can tell you that you are a bit off with the bravo. I flew the plane for 5 years and I can tell you that unless you put the bravo into long range cruise...(I never did) ... 1200nm is pushing it. There is no way in the world that youll ever see 1700.... Id say with no wind and ISA.... eventually limping up to 450... youll get 1500 at most. The Bravo is a good 1000nm airplane..... We would routinely be flying it 1000nm missions and it never disappointed us. But I can tell you that 1200 is pretty tight running it at max cruise at 410=0.64mach..... I believe long range is 0.58-0.60..... awfully slow. If you could.... Id look at the Encore/Ultra......

The Premier is fun and fast little rocket. The Pilot seats are not very comfortable which shouldnt be a problem as the plane cant stay in the air much more than 2 hours anyway with a VERY light load on board...... You add 6 winter weight males and you are over your max zero fuel weight before you even leave the ground.... The Premier is a great single pilot+2 pax plane.... In canada we run them 2 pilot and that essentially kills the planes utility.... The Premier 2.....hawker 200.... whatever they were gonna call it.... is what the original should have been.

In any case.... the bravo is much better suited for 1000-1100nm missions as the premier wouldnt ever make it. But..... you should be looking at Encore/Ultra......

Cheers