PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low altitude mixture cuts in twin training still occuring despite CASA warnings
Old 26th May 2012, 02:20
Josh Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Sled,

Under some circumstances, it will, or maybe not
No argument from me.

I was not referring to certification status of said aircraft, generally speaking, two pilots onboard, two hours fuel, capital city airport, ISA + 10 with ten knots of head wind, the "general training environment", most, if not all aircraft will have some form of positive performance when correctly flown, which as a part of the training environment offers some really good lessons to the trainee pilot. ( poorly described by me, but that was my general concept )

A C402B, with fours hours fuel, 6 POB at YBMA on a 42 degree day, from my experience, does not climb...........................

Up-in-the-air:

The word "recommended" and "should" does not mandate a requirement ( different to "must").

The words: can, should, must, recommended, prohibited etc etc all have very different meanings.

Try reading the Jepps, looking very closely at these words. It changes to meaning of many things quite considerably.

Last edited by Josh Cox; 26th May 2012 at 02:26.