PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low altitude mixture cuts in twin training still occuring despite CASA warnings
Old 26th May 2012, 01:53
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A multi engine aircraft with EFATO, using the correct technique, is capable of climbing.
Josh Cox,
With all due respect, that statement is simply not true for a FAR 23 piston twin.

Under some circumstances, it will, or maybe not, excepting aircraft certified to the "Commuter amendment", it's all in the AFM for the aircraft.

Unless somebody wants to correct me ( I wouldn't want to make the heinous and earth shattering mistake of confusing the first names of my two friends "Butson" again) I don't know of a type of twin commonly used for initial twin training in Australia, which is certified to continue after an engine failure on takeoff.

I would also read CAR 138 carefully ---then read the AFM for whatever you are flying --- if you live after the bingle, CASA may not be your greatest problem ---- it could very well be the insurance company/aircraft owner.

Frankly, I would have thought that the steadily rising death toll from practices that should have been abandoned years ago, was argument enough.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Polar Air --- I would prefer to believe the description of C.Butson, Esq. as to the genesis of the audit that proved so disastrous for Polar Air, than alternative histories. But, hey, it's a free world, you can believe in Chemtrails, if you are so disposed.