PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sukhoi superjet 100 is missing
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 20:35
Phoeniks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogor Training area...

Having followed this thread from day one here are my observations...
First answering A Van what I would do once established in the Bogor training area and lost communications with ATC... I would maintain VFR and continue orbiting that area. From previous posts I gather that the Bogor treaining area has a ceiling of 6000' and can only be used in VMC conditions. If ATC does not respond, try approach, tower etc. Been there before.
My second observation is that fotos of the three types of data recorders were published in this thread. The two - CVR and a combined version of CVR/FDR look almost identical. I have not heard of an official anouncement that crews are still actively looking for the FDR. It also sounds very suspicious that Russia has recalled most of their search teams. After all they would be most interested in the FDR data.
As Karel X [post 493] states the Russian search team consisted of 'Ministry of Extraordinary Situations' people. Could it be they found the FDR and without fanfare delivered it to MAK. Now it would be almost impossible for MAK to admit they have it. Or maybe they just asertained that it was a combined CVR/FDR and left. I can't imagine that once one was found, the other can not.
Does anyone know how far apart they were mounted?