PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipads, hotels and Others: Requests, Recommendations & Rip-offs
Old 25th May 2012, 11:47
RMK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully agree regarding the landing fees. If I’m visiting a hotel to spend money in either their hotel/restaurant, I’m not paying a landing fee.

I’ve never paid a hotel landing fee and have no intention of doing so in the future. There are many great hotels/restaurants that are helicopter friendly – I’ll support them and will not visit the scammers (£50-£250 to land on a piece of open grass with no facilities ???) It seems the only counter argument I’ve ever received (from those hotels ”trying it on”) is “well, other people are OK to pay a landing fee”.

Example: When Coworth Park opened, I thought that it being part of the Dorchester Group that it would be nice place to fly in for a lunch visit. I call and am told of a £250 landing fee. I said “I’m not paying that, but wish to come in for a lunch for four people; speak with your manager and see what you can do”. They come back to me saying they could reduce it by 50% to £125. I replied, “No you didn’t understand – I’m not paying a landing fee”. I informed them in doing so they only get blacklisted by groups such as HCGB and web forums such as this one.

Last edited by RMK; 25th May 2012 at 11:52.