PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific SECOND OFFICER – ADVANCED ENTRY INITIAL INTERVIEW
Old 25th May 2012, 10:30
thepilot77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel .

smurf84 Sorry to hear that bro, But i really don't understand why Cathay need to ask a pilot with 250 hrs to know so much about a340 a 350 if the questions were a detailed questions not for example what's the difference between A340-A350.for a second officer i think Cathay expect you to know the entire aviation field by heart and you cant lack on one part.

its very out of order i have friends who works for Etihad and others Emirates and trust me guys i met the crew of both on many different occasions and if you ask a Capt. what's the stalling speed on the C-150 he will smile at you and say i don't know. the point I'm trying to make its with every pilot in the world if you are rated on something and they ask you about it and you cant answer it then its shame on the industry to have pilots like that, but Cathay shouldn't expect us low timers to answer a detailed question about any specific type because if you ask any pilot these days WHAT A/C DO YOU WANT TO FLY a reasonable person would say any as long as i get some experience none of us was born with 500hrs jet time or born as rated pilot or born as a straight Capt.

Cathay is playing tom and jerry with us.

anyway I wish you guys all the best and sorry for the other guys who didn't go through stage 2.