PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BA still a responsible Company?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 09:27
cloudn9ne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trossie,

I would agree with you on the trojan horse philosophy if it wasn't for the fact that we have compromised and compromised pretty much every year I have been in BA with regards to Ts and Cs (since 2005).

Before I joined it was the new money purchase pension and before that it was a change from box style payments to a flat hourly rate, etc.

I think BA has been changing faster than most in regards to constant changes in Ts and Cs.

If we had buried our heads in the sand as a workforce and refused change then the need for modernisation and a correction in Ts+Cs would be well overdue and the need for a trojan horse more important for management.

The airlines in which pilots refuse to make useful concessions are the ones that find themselves so far above the benchmark that management have no choice but to seek that trojan horse. BA is not one of them in my mind and only time will tell if this approach from our BALPA company council reps is the right one. Those that argue we should stand stronger and stop compromising with management may have a point but I think the alternative is management by passing us altogether. I hope this doesnt happen.